Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Years Day


I can think of no better way to have spent the first day of a new year than reveling in God's beautiful creation with the man who has my heart. Josh was able to stay in Kentucky over new years and we took that opportunity to explore Shanty Hollow while it wasn't bitterly cold. The first time I went, it hadn't rained in about a month. So this second visit was much more satisfying. Though the water was still low, the water fall was still beautiful. And the water in the pool below shone blue. 
It was also neat to be able to see all the massive icicles that were still hanging around. Not going to lie, I definitely slipped more than once. Josh laughed at me a lot....

I sure can't wait to go back in the summer and splash around in the pool when the water level is at its highest. 

Starting out the year with an adventure has helped set the tone for what I have branded as my "Adventure year"



No comments:

Post a Comment